Summer Camp Classroom Assistant
Join the Education team at Discovery Space this summer as a Summer Camp Classroom Assistant. Classroom Assistants will be directly responsible for assisting with daily experiments and activities while helping to maintain a safe and fun camp environment. Classroom Assistants will also be expected to help open or close the science center during before care (7:30-9am) and after care (4-5:30pm). Successful candidates will have had experience managing groups of more than 15 children and will demonstrate strong communication and customer service skills.
- Before and/or After care
- Prep and cleanup of all spaces used by campers
- Program materials management
- Monitoring the health and safety of all campers
- Overseeing snack/lunch time and outside play time
- Constant communication with supervisor (including checking email daily)
- Other duties as assigned
This is a fast-paced position and will require a considerable amount of time working on your feet. Current CPR and First Aid Certification preferred. Background checks will be required.
Apply securely online for this position.
Please email Olivia Perdew-Kenny, Education Manager at with any questions.
Posted March 20, 2019