Discovery Space is a growing science center that serves a 10-county region in Central PA. Qualified applicants are invited to apply for our Education Manager position. Discovery Space prioritizes bringing high-quality STEM education to the community through after school programming, early childhood classes, summer camps and more. This position is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits. Start date: Until position is filled.
The Education Manager has complete oversight of all educational STEM programming that occurs on-site and off-site for children ages 6 months to 14 years. This includes planning programs, facilitation and the management of a small team comprised of staff, volunteers and interns. Qualified applicants will have experience facilitating interactive STEM programs for groups of children and have an understanding of best practices in age-appropriate science education pedagogy.
- Manage and support education team
- Develop annual program schedule
- Maintain and implement 4-year curriculum rotation
- Write lesson plans as needed
- Facilitate programs
- Manage and purchase materials for all programs
- Organize and execute summer camp and day camp
- Develop new mission-driven programs as needed
- Assist Marketing Manager with program advertising.
- Manage logistics of large-scale programs including the organization of transportation
- Manage and maintain good relationships with community partners
- Develop new community partnerships
- Assist management team in maintaining the cleanliness of public spaces
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Science Education, Museum Studies or a STEM field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with children in a group or class setting
- Understanding of STEM subjects and an interest in learning more
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent public speaking and organization skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing projects, schedules, and a small team
- Strong customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- Background checks required – PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Request for Criminal Records and Federal Criminal History
This position is primarily Monday thru Friday 9:00am-5:30pm, however, evening and weekend programs and events may require participation. On-site presence can be flexible after first year, commensurate with job completion and high-quality performance.
- Salary $32,000-40,000
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation
- Holidays off: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, 4th of July
Apply securely online for this position.
Posted September 8, 2019